Sunday, January 4, 2009

What the heck is a Crazy Monkey?

Hey all-

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'd like to introduce you to a new program that I'm excited to be a part of. As of this year, I have been accepted as a Trainer in Training in the Crazy Monkey Defense program (CMDP). Much more than simply another martial art "style" or "system," the CMDP represents a paradigm shift in martial arts training and, more importantly, teaching.



While I've been practicing and teaching some of the physical elements of the CMDP for some time in both the Muay Thai and JKD Classes, I've decided to go full steam ahead and join the CMDP team. While the CMDP can certainly be practiced as a stand-alone martial arts program, I feel that the physical and, more importantly, the mental benefits of this program will help martial artists of any style, and also translate into other areas of your life.



Many martial arts and martial artists preach the mental and emotional benefits of martial arts training, things such as increased confidence, focus under pressure, inner peace etc. I feel that many of them are simply paying lip service to these benefits. Where other programs stop short of their promise, the CMDP delivers.

Very soon we'll be introducing a CMD class at NSA!

To find out if the CMD is for you, take this quiz:

Are you a Crazy Monkey?
http://www.crazymonkeydefense.com/cmdp/content/view/687/332/